Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hard at Work

So, for the first time I am actually getting some work done on this painting, and I have some pictures to prove it. The last time I touched the painting was early last week, so I was extremely excited to pick it up again, until I realized I have a problem with being loose with my brushstrokes. I tend to get bogged down with detail, that my paintings start to lose expression, so I am trying hard not to do that this time. Other than that, this blue is being a real big pain in my butt, cause it's definitely not the right color that I want, but I will make it work.

On the lighter side, I love how vivid these colors are going to be. Hopefully, I will have to time to go over them with several layers of opaque color, so that they are literally straight from the tube.


I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment